We wanted to inform you that Travel Baseball tryouts for next year’s teams will be held the week of June 12th at Rinzler Field.
The tryout will set rosters for Fall ’17, Spring ‘18 and Summer ‘18 teams.
We will use the same format as last year: one session per age group, on the field, as the Rec season is concluding so that all players are in “mid-season” form.
The following guidelines apply:
· Evaluations will be conducted by an outside 3rd party. The professional instructors at DiChiaro Baseball will administer the sessions and objectively evaluate each participant.
· Players should bring a baseball glove, helmet, bat, baseball pants, protective cup, t-shirt, baseball hat and cleats. No Woodcliff Lake travel apparel or hats should be worn.
· Parents are asked to drop their children off at the appropriate time and pick them up at the conclusion of the tryout, which will be closed to the public. Parents attempting to watch the session from the parking lot will be asked to vacate.
· No WCL Travel Coaches will be involved in the selection process.
· All DiChiaro Baseball decisions are final.
· The number of teams will be determined by amount of registrants deemed capable to play competitive travel baseball. That said, we do not expect to make “cuts” at the 8U and 9U level, though beginning at 10U that is a possibility.
· Parents will be notified of final rosters by the WCL Baseball Travel Coordinator on August 1st.
To sign up go to www.wclbaseball.com , click on Registration info, click on Available programs, next to 2017 Fall Travel Baseball click "+ Register Now" by June 2nd. When you register you will not pay any fee. Once you are offered a roster spot you will need to pay for the fall season. Participation in the WCL travel program is contingent upon parents reading and electronically signing the WCL Travel Parent Code of Conduct, which will be available when you are offered a roster spot and accepted to the team.
Tryout Schedule as follows:
· 8U (Born between 09/01/09-08/31/10): Monday June 12th 5:30-7:00
· 9U (Born between 09/01/08-8/31/09): Wednesday June 14th 5:30-7:00
· 10U (Born between 09/01/07-08/31/08): Monday June 12th 7:00-8:30
· 11U (Born between 09/01/06-08/31/07): Wednesday June 14th 7:00-8:30
· 12U (Born 05/01/05 and younger): Tuesday June 13th 5:30-7:00
- 13U (Born 05/01/04 and younger): date TBD
- 14U - (Born 05/01/03 and younger): date TBD
Any player who cannot make their assigned date should contact Brad Groves, Woodcliff Lake Baseball Travel Coordinator at 404-983-2723 or [email protected].
Woodcliff Lake Baseball Association