WCL Baseball Tryout FAQ's:
What is my player’s age cutoff for this tryout? Their current Fall 2020 age group will remain the same for Spring & Summer 2021 seasons.
(2021 Spring & Summer Travel Baseball Seasons - Little League Age Cutoff)
7u 9/1/13 - 8/31/14
8u 9/1/12 - 8/31/13
9u 9/1/11 - 8/31/12
10u 9/1/10 - 8/31/11
11u 9/1/09 - 8/31/10
12u 9/1/08 - 8/31/09
13u 9/1/07 - 8/31/08
14u 9/1/06 - 8/31/07
Tryout Dates & Times:
Oct. 5th - Monday: 8u 5-6:30 pm (Major Field) ; 10u 6:30-8 pm (Major Field)
Oct. 6th - Tuesday: 7u 5-6:30 pm (Major Field) ; 11u 6:30-8 pm (Lockwood Field 50'x70')
Oct. 7th - Wednesday: 9u 5-6:30 pm (Major Field)Oct. 8th - Thursday: TBD 5-6:30 pm
12u, 13u & 14u - TBD
The following WCL Tryout Guidelines Apply:
- Evaluations will be conducted by an outside 3rd party. The professional instructors at DiChiaro Baseball will administer the sessions and objectively evaluate each participant.
- Players should bring a baseball glove, helmet, bat, baseball pants, protective cup, t-shirt, baseball hat and cleats. No Woodcliff Lake travel apparel or hats should be worn.
- Parents are asked to drop their children off at the appropriate time and pick them up at the conclusion of the tryout, which will be closed to the public. Parents attempting to watch the session from the parking lot will be asked to vacate.
- No WCL Travel Coaches will be involved in the selection process.
- All DiChiaro Baseball decisions are final.
- The number of teams will be determined by number of registrants deemed capable to play competitive travel baseball. That said, we do not expect to make “cuts” at the 7U, 8U and 9U level, though beginning at 10U that is a possibility.
- Parents will be notified of final rosters by the WCL Baseball Travel Coordinator.
- To sign up at www.wclbaseball.com by October 4th.
- Participation in the WCL travel program is contingent upon parents reading and electronically signing the WCL Travel Parent Code of Conduct, which will be available during registration.
WCL Baseball Travel Coordinator